The Romanian Ministry of Health' s Program currently focuses on the provision of equipment and medical instruments to public health care units, namely:
- Endowment of health care units within the health network of the Ministry of Health and local authorities with necessary equipment and medical instruments, to meet the requirements of Health Minister order no. 914/2006 (on the standards for authorization and accreditation of hospitals)
- Provision of specific emergency transportation response equipment (ambulances, non-emergency transportation vehicles and helicopters) and renewal of obsolete vehicles
- Equipping regional radiotherapy centers
- Creating and equipping mobile screening units for oncological diseases
- Upgrading and extending the national telemedicine emergency system, especially in the rural areas
- Equipment of specialized centers for outpatient diagnosis and treatment (diagnostic imaging, day surgery, cancer diagnosis, mobile screening units)
- Rehabilitation and equipment of Public Health surveillance labs (infectious diseases, radiation, drinking and bath water, etc.)
On the other hand, the
FRD Center has extensive specialised d-base of relevant contacts in the medical devices and health equipment sector, of both importer-distributors andf direct buyers. On behalf of our Clients - the foreign manufacturers interested to penetrate the local market - we contact the relevant key decision makers with product introduction and B2B matchmaking services.
- Fresenius Medical Care Romania has been established in 2000 as a subsidiary of Fresenius Medical Care Deutschland GmbH. It provides a wide range of products for the treatment of chronic renal diseases (hemodialysis and peritoneal dialysis), acute renal diseases and liver failure. Fresenius Medical Care Romania has registered a net turnover of almost 32 million EUR in 2014, up by 2% compared to 2013.
- Set up in 1999, Gemedica is an independent importer-distributor of medical imaging and functional exploration devices (CT, NMR, angiography, ultrasound devices etc), surgery devices, anaesthesia and intensive care equipment, suture instruments and supplies etc. The company’s foreign suppliers are: GE Healthcare, Gunter Bissinger Medizintechnik, Covidien, Bayer Schering Pharma, Merivaara, Genano, Hirtz, PVS, MedArt, Endogastric Solutions, Tontarra Medizintechnik or SISU Medical. In 2014, Gemedica has recorded a net turnover of approximately 17 million EUR, up by 15% compared to 2013.
- Set up in 1990, Tehno Electro Medical Company (TEMCO) is an independent importer-distributor of anaesthesia and intensive care, physiotherapy, ultrasound, surgery, endoscopy, cardiology, lab, diagnostic devices, medical supplies, medical furniture etc. Furthermore, it manufactures X-ray devices (TEMCO GRx-1). Some brands imported by the company are: Medec Benelux, SCHILLER, Arcomed, JPI, Olympus, ITO etc. TEMCO has recorded a net turnover of almost 14 million EUR in 2014, up by approximately 19% compared to the previous year.
- Established in 1992, Sante International is an independent importer-distributor of devices for cardiovascular surgery, interventional cardiology and electrophysiology, analyzers, disinfectants etc. Its foreign suppliers are: Ecolab, Siemens or St. Jude Medical. Sante International has recorded a net turnover of 11 million EUR in 2014, up by some 40% compared to 2013.
- General Electric Medical Systems Romania, the local representative of GE Healthcare, has been established in 2000. The company has recorded a net turnover of over 10 million EUR in 2014.
FRD Center provides market research in Eastern Europe and the region, B2B matchmaking in the CE Europe and SEE, M&A assistance in Romania, in CEE and SEE, in the Emerging Markets in Europe.