Tuesday, 18 May 2010
In the Romanian manufacturing sector, the highest production increases were registered by the manufacturing of motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers (+62.0%), the manufacturing of electrical equipment (+42.4%) and the manufacturing of basic metals (+27.7%).
In the first quarter of 2010, the labor productivity in the Romanian industry increased by 22.1% compared to the corresponding period of the previous year.
In the first quarter of 2010 compared to the same period of the previous year, the turnover value index in industry per total increased by 5.9%, that increase being registered due to the manufacturing industry (+6.8%). In the Romanian manufacturing industry the highest increases of the total turnover value index were recorded in the following industrial sectors:
- the production of motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers (+44.5%)
- the production of coke and refined petroleum products (+36.0%)
- the production of computer, electronic and optical products (+26.9%)
- the production of electrical equipment (+20.2%)
- the production of basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations (+20.0%).
In January 2010 compared to January 2009, the highest increases of the export values were registered at:
- basic pharmaceutical products and pharmaceutical preparations (+254.5%)
- tobacco products (+77.0%)
- motor vehicles, trailers and semi-trailers (+76.1%).
In January 2010 compared to January 2009, significant increases of the import value were registered at:
- metal ores (+214.5%)
- crude petroleum and natural gas (+101.0%)
- other mining and quarrying products (+86.9%).
CIF imports of industrial products in January 2010:
- computer, electronic and optical products: 321.6 million EUR
- electrical equipment: 228.3 million EUR
- crude petroleum and natural gas: 222.2 million EUR
- chemical substances and products: 209.6 million EUR.
According to APIA, in the first three months of 2010, the production of auto vehicles in Romania increased by 62.6% compared to the similar period of the previous year. In the first three months of 2010, the export of Romanian-made auto vehicles increased by 57.9% compared to the similar period of the previous year.
Monday, 17 May 2010
The pharma market is the region’s most dynamic, according to regional players. The pharma spending per capita between 2002 and 2006 witnessed a 36% increase in
Around 89% of the pharmaceutical market is supplied by imports.
At present more than 70% of the expenditure on drugs is directed to original, or branded products.
The quality of drug production has risen since the enforcement of GMP on 1st January 2004. However, the number of local drug producers fell from 71 to 31 as a result. Top local producers are: Terapia Ranbaxy, Zentiva, Antibiotice, Actavis, Gedeon Richter Romania SA, LaborMed, Biofarm.
A number of acquisitions have taken place in the market, including that of Sicomed in September 2005, whereby Zentiva of the
Tuesday, 11 May 2010
Our clients are foreign companies, mainly small and medium size, that have a limited budget and are actively looking for market expansion into Romania and other countries in the region.
They prefer to spend 5,000 EUR on customised market research that provides them with real data about the current situation on the market, levels of local production and imports, expected market trends, competitor analysis, directory of relevant players in the market, barriers to the market and specific sales channels that prove to be most efficient.
Once they are clear about their market entry strategy, many of our clients choose to go to the next stage, which in most cases is idenfication and selection of potential local partners / B2B clients, product presentation and assessment of interest.
Should there be interested local companies, we move on to the next level, the business itinerary where the clients get to visit the local companies, have 1-2-1 presentations and discussions.
The follow up stage is essential in Romania - many of our clients require that we assist them with the follow up by phone or in person to the leads they have generated.
What is your experience with market entry to Romania or another country in Eastern Europe?
FRD Center Market Entry Services - www.market-entry.ro
Monday, 10 May 2010
- pharmaceutical production
- security and safety equipments
- logistics and goods transportation
- industrial manufacturing
- automotive and auto components
- private medical and dental services
Some of the DEMO reports generated by FRD Center Market Entry Services include:
* April 2010: "Pharma Sector in Romania Newsletter"
* April 2010: "The Dental Services and Equipment Market in Romania"
* March 2010: "Pharma and Food Supplements Market in Romania"
* February 2010 - "The Security Market in Romania February 2010"
* January 2010 - "The Goods Transportation and Logistics Market in Romania January 2010"
* January 2010 - " The DIY and Furniture Retail Sectors In Romania January 2010"
* December 2009 - "The Romanian Market of Private Medical Services 2009"
* November 2009 - "The Retail Sector in Romania" Newsletter
* October 2009 - "Automotive Sector in Romania"
They can be consulted and downloaded at http://www.frdcenter.ro/English/studies.htm
For customised market intelligence and market entry consulting in Romania please don't hesitate to contact our team at europa[at]frdcenter.ro
Thursday, 6 May 2010
FRD Center Market Entry Services Romania and Entry Point Consulting Australia Sign Exclusive Partnership Agreement for Market Access
FRD Center Market Entry Services based in Romania and Entry Point Consulting, with offices in Australia and India, have recently signed an exclusive agreement to collaborate for successful market access of Austral-Asian companies to Eastern Europe.
The two advisory companies will collaborate for international market access projects offering their consulting, market intelligence and business matchmaking services to a number of Austral-Asian companies looking to expand to the emerging markets in Central and Southern Eastern Europe, such as Romania, Bulgaria, Poland, Hungary, The Czech Republic, Slovakia etc.
Services will include market opportunity assessment, market research, competitor analysis, partner identification and selection, product presentation and assessment of interest from potential local business partners, qualification of candidates for Master Franchise / Licensing, M&A advisory.
Lawrence Christoffelsz, Managing Director of Entry Point Consulting said: “ We are delighted to partner with FRD Center to assist Australian and Indian organizations with market entry strategies for Eastern Europe. We are also looking forward to supporting FRD Center’s clients within India and Australia. Our combined efforts will definitely provide our clients with fantastic support and the strongest chance of long-term success.”
“We are very pleased to expand our network of international partners with such a reputable and efficient market expansion advisory company such as Entry Point Consulting, that serves clients in Australia, India and the region. We are looking forward to a long term collaboration and we are pleased to be able to provide them with proper support in the region.” said Jackie Bojor, Director of FRD Center Market Entry Services.
About FRD Center – www.market-entry.ro
Boutique type Market Entry Services firm offering since 2000 market intelligence, product introduction and business matchmaking consulting to foreign companies interested to do business, invest, relocate or source in Romania and the region.
About Entry Point Consulting – www.epconsulting.com.au
Entry Point Consulting’s mission is to simplify and fast-track export growth for our customers. We provide a wealth of expertise and support for companies wanting export, globalise and expand their market reach. Entry Point Consulting offer a range of tailored programs which are designed to save international businesses time and money.
For more details please contact:
Jackie Bojor, FRD Center – europa[at]frdcenter.ro
Lawrence Christoffelsz, Entry Point Consulting – lawrence[at]entrypointconsulting.com.au
FRD Center (www.market-entry.ro) is a boutique-type market entry consulting firm based in Romania. We operate since 2000, serving foreign organisations and companies interested to do business and to invest in Romania. FRD Center clients include government agencies, embassies, private corporations, SMEs, investment funds etc. from North America, South America, Western Europe, Scandinavia, Middle East, Asia and South Africa.
Some of the tailor made services we offer to foreign companies interested in the Romanian and regional markets in CE and SE Europe are:
- market research, sector reports, companies detailed profiles
- research, identification and selection of local target-companies, like business partners, B2B clients
- identification and qualification of suppliers
- M&A and investment consulting
- market opportunities assessment, including assessment of interest and capabilities of potential suppliers/importers
- organization of business itineraries and trade missions
- liaison with local authorities and professionals
- business relocation
Currently, the management team in FRD Center is interested to:
- identify new clients interested to enter the Romanian market using the consulting services offered by FRD Center
- develop new partnerships with consulting companies specialised in export consulting, internationalisation, market expansion, international trade development etc
FRD Center Market Entry Services
Str. Gabroveni nr. 2, Floor 4
tel: +4021 411 1460
fax: +4021 411 1461